How To Get Started Co-Sleeping With Your Baby
Here is a great video from the Lullaby Trust on how to co-sleep safely.
Advice to share with families who wish to share a bed with their baby featuring do’s and don’ts to ensure their baby sleeps more safely.
Here are the points summarised:
- Make sure your baby is free from adult bedding
- Make sure they are still sleeping on their back
- Feed on the side so your baby is still safe if you fall asleep
- Never co-sleep on sofas or chairs, this increases SIDS by 50x
- Never co-sleep after drinking alcohol
- Never co-sleep if you are on medication
- Never co-sleep if anyone smokes
- don't co-sleep with a premature baby or one that weighed under 5 1/2 lbs
- If you won't be co-sleeping then put them in a moses basket or cot in the same room as you.