Simple Asparagus + Pea Quiche Recipe
As with all the recipes we will put here they taste great for both baby and you! This Asparagus and Pea Quiche recipe is also great because once you understand the base then it's a great way to get more veg into your little one.
In the example I give it makes 4x 10cm quiche trays but you can easily use a muffin tin or even just 1 big oven ready container. So feel free to modify and experiment.
- 100g Asparagus Chopped Into 2cm Pieces (Smaller if just starting to wean)
- 100g Frozen Garden Peas
- 40g Feta (optional or exchange for any cheese)
- 3 Medium Eggs (May vary based on container used)
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Turn Fan Oven to 200C
- Fill a pot halfway with water to boil on the hob.
- Chop Asparagus 2cm pieces and if thicker also cut down the middle of the stem
- Boil the asparagus for about 4 minutes
- Get your peas and add to the pot for another minute or two (boil more for softer veg)
- In a bowl crack the eggs and add ground pepper and whisk
- break up the Feta or your favourite cheese into small pieces
8. Then add the veg and cheese to the containers you are using and then pour over the egg until its nearly at the top (this will expand in the oven)
9. Leave in the oven for 15/20mins or until brown on the top
10. Add extras like more cheese or salad for yourself.